…and it’s probably not what you think it is! Or is it?
Okay! So we love our Beards which is why we’ve been promoting a culture of beard growth amongst Indian men. Oh, Yeah! Beards are the best!
Now, maybe you’re not one of us truly enlightened folks and still want more reasons for growing a beard. Well, in that case we’re gonna give you three actual scientific reasons that supersede all the other ones.
But before that…
The internet is saturated with articles about why men grow beards. You will come across many questionable reasons which people use to advocate beard growth:
- A beard makes you look hot! (Yeah, of course it does! But that’s not the ONLY thing that makes a man look hot, right?)
- A beard is a sign of masculinity! (Again, HELL YEAH! But believe you me, there is another ‘sign’ of masculinity (*wink, wink*) as widely accepted as a beard!)
- A beard saves the money you spend on shaves! (Ok! Granted! This one is a pretty legit reason!)
- Most characters in Game of Thrones have beards! (Most characters in Game of Thrones DIE!)
- It makes you look more serious and mature! (What?!!! Seriously??? I guess you guys haven’t met some of our very ‘serious’ and ‘mature’ team members here at GOB!)
The list of reasons for growing a beard is endless. Some reasons are actually valid while others are downright stupid. In fact, the other day one of our team members actually came across an article that motivated people to grow a beard because apparently “a beard is like a peacock’s plumage on your face!!!”
As beard loving people who live the bearded lifestyle at all times, we’ve found that there are less nonsensical and more important reasons to grow a beard.
Ultimately, the point we’re trying to make is that among the varied reasons for growing a beard, there are some that actually make scientific sense and just cannot be argued against.
Concrete research has scientifically proven why a beard is actually good for you. So without further ado, let science enlighten you on why growing a beard will ACTUALLY benefit you in life:
- Beards offer protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays - Beards are like god’s own gift when it comes to protecting a man’s face! A study conducted by the University of Southern Queensland proves that a beard actually blocks out more than 90% of the sun’s harmful UV rays, and thus protects you from skin cancer. A beard also protects the face from toxic pollutants in the air, and thus reduces wrinkles, aging and bad skin. (And lads, this is a great reason to grow your beard this summer btw!)
- Beards act as air purifiers – In a study conducted by The Asthma and Allergy Care Foundation, it was found that men with beards are less prone to asthma, hay fever and other respiratory conditions.
- Beards give you acne-free skin – Dry skin exposed to the elements can lead to the growth of acnes and blemishes. Grow a beard and ‘Voila’! All your skin problems are gone. A beard covers the skin, which protects the sebaceous glands from being infected by acne, pimples or other blemishes.
In the end, brother, we know that we don’t need to convince the vast majority of you on how great beards are…because they really are awesome!
Our website, Gangs of Beard, is dedicated to being a one-stop shop for all your beard needs. We offer all kinds of beard grooming products such as Beard Oil, Beard Wash and Beard Softener to help you grow a magnificent mane in no time at all.
Let the beard growth begin!